Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Graduation, Moving On!

This Friday I will take my first steps as a College Graduate. I am very excited about this part of my life, and am eager to know what will happen next. 


I had the great opportunity to speak at Chelsea High School's Senior Luncheon this past week, and to all of you that I met, Congratulations! I really enjoyed my time with you. 


Here are some of the best words spoken to me about this time in my life come from a book, one of the oldest books in print, The Bible!

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

These words offer me great comfort and relief about what my next move will be. I am very fortunate to have many opportunities available to me after graduation. Whether I am chosen to be Miss Alabama, if I choose to enter the workforce as a news journalist, or if I return to school to further my education, I can know that God's plan is the ultimate plan, and I will find solace. I wanted to offer all of you some literature that can help you with your next step, be it graduation, or a continuation of your everyday life; we all deserve a spiritual lift now and then. 

The Bible

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.- Deuteronomy 31:6

But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear ; do not be frightened." Take Courage.-1 Peter 3:14

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one. Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever. -Psalm 28:7-9

Only One You
by: Linda Kranz
SummaryThere's only one you in this great big world. Make it a better place. Adri's mama and papa share some of the wisdom they have gained through the years with their eager son. Their words, simple and powerful, are meant to comfort and guide him as he goes about exploring the world. 


I Knew You Could!
by: Craig Dorfman
Summary: I Knew You Could!: A Book For All The Stops In Your Life by Craig Dorfman is an enthusiastically recommended picture book based on the beloved classic children's story "The Little Engine That Could." Singsong rhyming verse combined with inviting illustrations by Cristina Ong of a happy and plucky blue engine encourage readers of all ages about the importance of believing in oneself.
Personal Note: In reading this book, though it is for "Children" I teared up! The message is incredible, and I greatly recommend it to all of you who know a graduate. 


Curious George Curious You: You're On Your Way!
by: H.A.Rey
Summary: No matter your age, you just can't help but love Curious George! 
With CURIOUS YOU: ON YOUR WAY!, author H. A. Rey takes the life and times of Curious George and applies it to the very important event of graduation. Whether it's graduating from preschool to a elementary school, from high school to college, or possibly even a graduation from childhood into adulthood, this is one book that you'll always be able to take along with you. 
As we learn along with Curious George, there will always be new things to see and do, new heights to reach, new dreams to aspire to. Sometimes things might seem scary, and sometimes we won't know which direction to take. Whatever we do, though, and wherever we go, our family and friends will always be there to cheer us on. 
This is the perfect gift for everyone in your life -- toddler, teen, or adult. 


Good Luck to everyone in their future endeavors! I applaud you all for your hard work.



No comments:

Post a Comment