Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April is Poem Month!

I love candy, sometimes too much. 
I love shoes, shoe shopping is my crutch. 
I seriously dislike final exams, 
but they are the only thing in between me and my future plans. 
I also love to read, all of this is true. 
And since April is Poem Month,
 I'm the opposite of blue. 
Join me this week celebrating the occasion,
If you share your poems, you just might be a sensation!

      This week is Exam week for me. My thoughts are so full of Mass Media Law notes and Public Relations techniques I can't seem to fit any other reading into them. What a wonderful time for me to celebrate a shorter reading, like a poem! Now not all poems are short, of course, but here are a few of my favorite short poems. 


First off, one of my personal favorite Poets: Shel Silverstein.


Falling Up
by: Shel Silverstein
Summary: A collection of fun and silly poems, a must read. Ages 3-8


Here are some of the poems in this great book:





Jack Sprat - Mother Goose

Jack Sprat

by: Mother Goose

Jack Sprat Could eat no fat, His wife could eat no lean;
    And so,  Betwixt them both,They licked the platter clean.




For more fun with the classic poems of Mother Goose, visit this website: 
It has great games based off of the greatest nursery rhymes. 

Also, if you would like to take on the poetry writing yourself and need some help, visit Reading is Fundamental's website.





No comments:

Post a Comment