Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Taking a Leap of Faith

This week's literacy post is going to be based off of something that I am currently dealing with. On May 26, 2011, I walked across a stage and received a piece of paper that culminated my time at Troy University. With that piece of paper came a strong sense of pride and joy, then a crash of WHAT NOW??


I've got this Degree- Now What??
So many people go through this is life, be it graduation, like me, or a job layoff, or even a relocation to another area. As I write this I am reminded of the last time I felt the "what now." The summer of my sophomore year of high school, my best friend told me that she would be moving to another state for a while. Prior to this news, we were inseparable, so obviously I was crushed. What I did then, and what I am doing now as I go out in search for a job is taking a leap of faith. 


For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

As difficult as it is to take this leap of faith, this verse offers me comfort. Tomorrow I take an incredible leap of faith, as I am interviewing for a job! I am excited, and I want to make a good impression. When was the last time you had to take a leap of faith? Ask your child about this, it could be a great conversation starter. I even found some books that discuss life's little unplanned moments, and how we can react to them!  




The Berenstain Bears' Moving Day

by: Jan Berenstain, Stan Berenstain
Summary: This is the story of how the Berenstain Bears moved into their tree-house in Bear Country. Brother Bear is nervous about the move. How will it turn out?

Wings of Change

by: Franklin Hill
Summary: Wings of Change is the story of Anew, a contented little caterpillar who is afraid to become a butterfly. After experiencing some puzzling dreams, he turns to Faith, a wise old snail, for advice. She gently explains, "As the world turns, so do you. When you change for the good, you change the world too."

update: I didn't get to post this on its intended date, but I do get to post it with some good news! The "leap of faith" was rewarded and the interview went well! Now I just have to wear out my praying knees and see what my next move is. 






No comments:

Post a Comment