Saturday, March 19, 2011

Challenge!

This week, instead of choosing a few books to read, I am going to try something different. I recently heard about the book, "The Search for Wondla" and it intrigued me. So, tomorrow I am going to go to my local library and check it out! What I want to do is implore you to also read the book with me. I am really excited about this book because I watched an interview with the author/illustrator on the Today Show and he compared the writing style to that of the early Wizard of Oz books. (I love those books!!) Also, if your child enjoyed "The Spiderwick Chronicles" then they will more than likely enjoy this book, it is written by the same author. Here is the information about the book: Typically this book is read by ages 9-12.


The Search for WondLa
By: Tony DiTerlizzi
Summary: When a marauder destroys the underground sanctuary that Eva Nine was raised in by the robot Muthr, the twelve-year-year-old girl is forced to flee aboveground. Eva Nine is searching for anyone else like her, for she knows that other humans exist, because of an item she treasures—a scrap of cardboard on which is depicted a young girl, an adult, and a robot, with the strange word, "WondLa." Tony DiTerlizzi honors traditional children's literature in this totally original space age adventure: one that is as complex as an alien planet, but as simple as a child's wish for a place to belong. 



Also, check out the website for the book, http://wondla.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment