Thursday, January 27, 2011

Birthday Party!!

This weekend I turn 22 years old. It seems as though the years go by so much faster the older I get. One thing remains the same over the years, and that is my LOVE for Birthdays! On Jan. 29th, you will not find me in a mirror looking for my first wrinkle, nor will I be applying early for my AARP card. (I may, however, buy a pair of high-waisted jeans..haha) I believe that no matter the number, a birthday should always be regarded as special, and I want to celebrate mine with all of you! Here are some great birthday books to share with those you love on their birthdays. Even if it is not your birthday, have a non-birthday party! Or even better, find out whose birthday it is, learn about them, and celebrate!




Happy Birthday to You!
By: Dr. Seuss
Summary: The Great Birthday Bird guides us on a birthday trip. The multicolored excursion is a festive one.






The Birthday Box
By: Leslie Patricelli
Summary: A child wearing only a diaper and a striped party hat gets a present from Grandma. What is it? The toddler takes off the wrapping paper–bright red with blue polka-dots–and discovers A big brown box! A box is full of possibilities and this child lets imagination reign. The youngster can stand on it, hug it, and hide behind it (Shhh. Where am I? Boo! Here I am!). When the child finally opens the gift, there's a stuffed dog inside. Now the two of them can create adventures. The container becomes an airplane, a sailboat, and a sled. The new pals share a snack inside its protective walls before settling down for a cozy nap. (Pre-School)

Happy Birthday, Moon

By: Frank Asch
Summary: When a bear discovers that the moon shares his birthday, he buys the moon a beautiful hat as a present.
Sidenote- I am in love with the "Moon Bear" series of books. Moon Cake and Moon Game are also great books!


Enjoy the Birthdays!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment